How to Set Your Business Up for Success This Holiday Season
Nearly 62% of people become more interested in a brand or a product after seeing it on Instagram Stories – the proof is in the numbers.
Holiday shopping is now a digital exercise. The success of your business depends on your ability to interact with your audience effectively and meaningfully. Using all the tools at your disposal will not only amplify your brand’s holiday profile but bolster your audience in the New Year.
Marketing your business on social is a clear cut roadmap to sustainable growth. Let’s start with a few priorities to set your business up for success during the holiday season:
- Create a Marketing Plan – Strategize precisely how you plan to interact with your audience through social media. Think about how many times per day you plan to post to your IG feed, Stories, and Pinterest. Make sure you’re consistent with your messaging and purpose.
- Set Goals – Based on last year’s metrics and your current marketing plan, set goals surrounding your businesses’ holiday efforts. Those goals should be achievable but also aspirational. Challenge yourself to surpass your totals from the prior year.
- Be Prepared – You should prepare as if you already know you can achieve your goals. Ensure that your product inventory is in high volume, schedule all your social outreach with StoriesEdit and PinPlanner, and think ahead to combat any potential roadblocks.
- Make Yourself Available – Making an effort to engage with your followers with comments or direct messages play a central role in holiday shopping and fueling consumer loyalty. Over 20 billion messages are now sent every month between people and businesses on Messenger. Be ready to chat with your consumers about all the things that matter to them.
- Leverage Your Resources – Social media is the new window shopping. When your audience is peaking into your store via IG Stories or Pinterest, be ready to provide them with a seamless transaction. ShopLink is an integrated tool that allows you to tag products in PLANOLY and create a shoppable gallery with your IG posts.
One billion Stories are shared across Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp daily – you can expect that number to increase over the holidays. Stories are your playing field – most of your time will go here.
Darren. “How to Set Your Business Up for Success This Holiday Season.” Planoly, 26 Oct. 2019, https://www.planoly.com/blog/portfolio/business-success-holiday-season/.